Please read description carefully.
Do not base your order on the picture presented.
Bacitracin discs are used in the presumptive identification of beta-hemolytic Group A Streptococcus.
• A disk for beta-hemolytic streptococcus
• Group A Streptococcus is sensitive to small amounts of Bacitracin while beta Strep of other serological groups are resistant.
• Group A Streptococcus is differentiated from other groups of beta-hemolytic Strep by the formation of a zone of inhibition around a disc impregnated with 0.04 units of Bacitracin.
• Organisms used for testing must be isolated and not contain mixed flora.
• The Taxo discs are not to be used directly with clinical specimens.
• Store at 2°-8°C when not in use.
• DO NOT FREEZE.
• The expiration date is shown on the reagent vial.
• DO NOT use beyond the expiration date.
• Bring discs to room temperature before use.
• Return unused discs to the refrigerator as soon as possible.