Please read description carefully.
Do not base your order on the picture presented.
Develop total competence with the three most common types of long-term vascular access routes with one simple, portable training aid.
External Central Catheter
• Pre-positioned, surgically placed in the right chest
• Subcutaneous tunnel is visible up to and just over the clavicle
• Distinguishable Dacron® cuff
• Distal catheter end is pre-attached to the blood reservoir bag
Implanted Vascular Access Device
•Located in the left chest under a specially formulated flap designed to simulate real human tissue
• Situated over a rigid underlying surface with molded ribs and a recessed area for the interchangeable inserts
• Three difficult accessing inserts placed either under or over the port to simulate palpating and accessing a port with one of the following types of placements: normal, “tipping”, “wandering”, or “deeply placed”
Peripheral Placed Central Catheter
• Located in the rotated, extended, detachable right arm
• Dual lumen 5FR PICC exits the slightly raised, basilic vein on the right inner biceps
• Optional peripheral port can be added to the recessed area
• posterior to the PICC insertion site
• The base of the recessed area is made of soft material that permits the port to “float” when accessed
• Tissue flap included when placed over the port allows for a realistic feel when palpitating and accessing
• Pre-positioned 20G IV catheter in the right forearm
• Catheters are pre-attached to a blood reservoir bag
• Complete blood draws, heparinization, and fluid infusion while attached or unattached to the torso
• Right arm peripheral port
• Subclavian, Triple lumen, and Jugular catheter
Complete Chester Chest™ Unit Includes:
• Life-size adult torso
• Tunneled central catheter 9.6 FR
• Outer tissue pad for left chest
• Real port (IVAD)
• 3 difficult accessing inserts
• Advanced Arm (SB45082U; also sold separately)
• Dual lumen PICC 5FR
• Recessed area for optional peripheral port
• 20 G IV catheter
• Blood reservoir bags
• Talc (cornstarch)
Chester Chest™ measures 20-1/2" x 15-1/2" x 5-1/4".
Eligible for FREE or discounted ground shipping.
Medex SKU: NSC-SB18636U
Warranty: Limited 6 Months