Please read description carefully.
Do not base your order on the picture presented.
Classroom discussions will come alive when practicing skills on this interesting and unique trainer. Part of patient assessment includes observation of swelling in the extremities. Swelling is caused by the abnormal accumulation of fluid within the interstitial spaces of tissue. Pressing on the surface of the skin may leave an indentation that does not immediately rebound once the pressure is released. This indentation is known as pitting edema. Pitting edema is a subjective observation and is graded by the depth of the indentation and the time it persists after the release of pressure. The Life/form Pitting Edema Trainer uses life-like simulated tissue to demonstrate Stages 1+ through 4+:
• Stage 1+ - Mild pitting, slight indentation (2mm), no perceptible swelling of area
• Stage 2+ - Moderate pitting, indentation (4mm) subsides rapidly
• Stage 3+ - Deep pitting, indentation (6mm) remains for a short time, area looks swollen
• Stage 4+ - Very deep pitting, indentation (8mm) lasts a long time, area is very swollen
Includes four tissue pads representing each stage, insert tray, key card with cleaning/care instructions, and storage box.
Skills that can be practiced:
• Assessment of stages (1+ through 4+)
• Assessment of depth (2mm - 8mm)
• Assessment of rebound time to baseline