Of all the water purification technologies available, distillation can remove a wider range of impurities than any other single form of water purification. LabStrong Fi-Streem™ Stills consistently produce high quality ASTM Type II water and can remove inorganic ions, dissolved gases, organics, particles, bacteria and pyrogens from water. LabStrong Fi-Streem Water Stills will meet your laboratory water needs while remaining budget-friendly.
The LabStrong Fi-Streem 2S Still consistently produces high quality ASTM Type II water. The still produces two liters of distilled water per hour and comes with a one year limited warranty. Quotes to provide preventive maintenance (PM) contracts or quotes to provide installation/startup of the complete system are available upon request.
All LabStrong Fi-Streem stills include the following items FREE so your ordering and installation will be simple and easy.
- Reinforced mains input tube with fittings (TU744X1LS)
- Reinforced drain tube with fittings (TU744X1LS)
- Distillate tube (TU0012-13)
- Distillate glass elbow (562X4LS)
- Reservoir float level switch (857X3LS)
- Plastic funnel for cleaning (MC0012-2)
- Wall mounting bracket (562X32LS)
- Kit to convert still to pre-treated feed
Consistently Pure Water
The still consistently produces high quality ASTM Type II water and can remove inorganic ions, dissolved gases, organics, particles, bacteria and pyrogens from water. The still features a unique patented vapor trap designed to eliminate all vapor borne droplets, ensuring there is no carry-over of impurities in the distillate water. The resultant is pyrogen free water at all times. Glass components in the still eliminate leaching impurities.
Safety features protect the still and the user. An over temperature protection device in the boiler assembly offers protection against low water conditions. The totally enclosed still design assures operator safety from breakage and hot surfaces.
Reliable and Effortless to Use
The still features user friendly operation. With the press of a single button, (Power On) the still will start the flow of water in the still. With the press of a second button (Heater On) the still will start to heat the inlet water to fully operate the still.
The still is supplied with a float switch which shuts off the still automatically when the water storage reservoir is full, enabling safe and unattended operation. The 24-hour automatic control activates the still as required to maintain a full reservoir. The automatic control start/stop feature is enabled when the still is connected to the LabStrong 8 Liter Carboy (A1052LS) or LabStrong 20 Liter Carboy (B00123) via the float switch.
Highly Efficient and Economical
Multiple pretreatment options are available for the still. The pretreatment helps to reduce the frequency of cleaning the still by removing scaling impurities from the inlet source water.
A built-in flow controller maximizes product water output while minimizing inlet water usage to drain. The still can be conveniently turned off for extended periods of time and returned to operation without the need for sanitizing or replacing consumables. Not only does this feature save valuable time, but also resources.
Simple to Clean
Descaling of the still is simplified by a cleaning process that does not require the dismantling of any glassware. The process requires little operator time and is easy to complete.
Space Saving Design
Included with the still is a wall mount bracket, which allows for wall mounting. The still can be bench mounted.
Easy to Install
The still does not require pretesting or prequalification of water prior to installing. The still can simply be connected to tap water and operate. For convenience, the still is designed with dual feed capabilities for tap or pretreated feedwater. All of the necessary tubing is included with the still to complete installation.
- Feed Water Type: Tap or Pretreated
- Feed Water Inlet: 1/2 inch ID tubing
- Feed Water Operational Temperature Range: 40 to 120 degrees Fahrenheit
- Feed Water Cooling Water Temperature: 40 to 86 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cooling Water (Liters Per Hour): 30
- Product Water Capacity (Liters Per Hour): 2
- Physical Dimensions (Length x Width x Height): 13.75 x 10.25 x 31 inches
- Operating Weight: 38 pounds
- 2 Heaters
- 220V, 13A
- Feed Water Minimum Pressure: 10 PSI
- Feed Water Maximum Pressure: 80 PSI
- Certification: CSA, cCSAus and CE
Common Applications for Distilled Water:
- Bacteria and pyrogen removal
- Buffer and reagent preparation
- Clinical biochemistry
- Feed water for Type 1 Ultrapure Water Systems
- General chemistry
- General laboratory equipment feed (i.e. humidification, environmental chambers, autoclaves and dishwashers)
- Glassware rinsing and washing
- Protocols specifically requiring glass distilled water
- Solid phase extraction
- Trace metal detection
- Top off lead acid batteries
- Water analysis (i.e. BOD, COD, TOC, TOD, pH value tests)
With one of the largest catalogs of medical, surgical and diagnostic supplies available online, Medex Supply can accommodate your facility's needs for Laboratory Supplies.
Water Purification can be found in our extensive online collection of products from globally recognized and trusted brands, including LabStrong. An excellent option to consider is the Still.