Please read description carefully.
Do not base your order on the picture presented.
The Bard PerFix plug technique, recommended for the treatment of all primary and recurrent indirect and direct inguinal hernias, provides significant advantages over a conventional suture technique, requiring less overall dissection and is utilized in a complete "tension-free" repair technique. The result is increased patient comfort, fast rehabilitation, and fewer recurrences. The entire operation can take 25 minutes or less.* In addition, the technique offers significant time and cost-saving benefits. The tapered shape of the PerFix plug eases insertion into the hernia defect, while the pre-shaped onlay patch accommodates the anatomy of the inguinal canal. This ready-to-use plug design minimizes any need to tailor perioperatively. The entire operation takes less time from incision to dressing placement. Technical simplicity means general anesthesia is not required.
Features and Benefits:
• Patients have far less pain.
• Virtually eliminates recurrence.
• Constructed of same monofilament polypropylene.
• PerFix plug remains invert in the presence of infection, and promotes tissue ingrowth.
• Surgery with the Bard PerFix plug requires less operating and recovery time, procedures can be exceptionally cost-effective.
• Size Small: 1.0" x 1.35" (2.5cm x 3.4cm).
• Each PerFix plug comes with a standard size, pre-shaped onlay patch measuring 1.80" (4.6cm) by 3.5" (8.9cm).
Eligible for FREE or discounted ground shipping.
Medex SKU: BRD-0112950